And that there’s always someone worse off than you and that you should be grateful for all the friendships and relationships you have in life. Filming is now underway. With Luke Treadaway, Anna Wilson-Jones, Kristina Tonteri-Young, Nina Wadia. Check out our picks for family friendly movies movies that transcend all ages. Along with Bob, I was there to take part in filming of A Gift From Bob, a new movie adapted from my book of the same name. James Bowen talks Street Cat Bob: “I had to heal myself for both our sakes”. The real-life story is adapted from Bowen’s own memoir. For even more, visit our Family Entertainment Guide. Charles Martin Smith is directing the sequel, which was written by Garry Jenkins. To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, please read our privacy policy. A GIFT FROM BOB is directed by Charles Martin Smith (A Dog’s Way Home, Dolphin Tale, Dolphin Tale 2, Stone of Destiny), written and executive produced by Garry Jenkins (A Street Cat Named Bob) and produced by Adam Rolston (A Street Cat Named Bob), Tracy and Steve Jarvis of Parkhouse Pictures (Anna and the Apocalypse) and Andrew Boswell and Sunny Vohra of Twickenham Studios. View production, box office, & company info, First UK Trailer for 'A Christmas Gift From Bob' Street Kitty Sequel, New trailer drops for Doc ‘Finding Jack Charlton’, The Exchange sells ’A Gift From Bob’ to UK, Germany, China (exclusive). Covid-19 Update – Supporting our Vendors back to selling, The story of Big Issue vendor James Bowen and his constant companion Street Cat Bob became a bestselling series of books, then a hit film. The UK film was a success, grossing $16m worldwide including $5.4m in the UK via Sony Pictures Releasing. Search for "A Christmas Gift from Bob" on Amazon.com. Sequel to the feature film 'A STREET CAT NAMED BOB'. The synopsis reads: ‘In this new story of their journey together, James looks back at the last Christmas they spent scraping a living on the streets and how Bob helped him through one of his toughest times – providing strength, friendship and inspiration but also teaching him important lessons about the true meaning of Christmas along the way.’. Der Film hatte am 3. A GIFT FROM BOB is directed by Charles Martin Smith (A Dog’s Way Home, Dolphin Tale, Dolphin Tale 2, Stone of Destiny), written and executive produced by Garry Jenkins (A Street Cat Named Bob) and produced by Adam Rolston (A Street Cat Named Bob), Tracy and Steve Jarvis of Parkhouse Pictures (Anna and the Apocalypse) and Andrew Boswell and Sunny Vohra of Twickenham Studios. Published in 2014, it told the story of the last Christmas Bob and I spent on the streets of London in 2010, relying on busking and sales of The Big Issue to keep us going. A few weeks ago, just as the nights closed in and the unmistakable scent of winter began to fill the air, my cat Bob and I found ourselves holed up in a small, dingy flat in West London. He gave me so much more than companionship. Align, Twickenham Studios, and Producers Adam Rolston and Parkhouse Pictures have announced that principle photography has commenced for A GIFT FROM BOB – the sequel to the international hit film A STREET CAT NAMED BOB and based on the international best-selling books. About Our Ads By The Big Issue @BigIssue. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. I feel like the light has gone out in my life. Who doesn’t love an animal movie?! Learn how your comment data is processed. A Gift From Bob, scripted by Garry Jenkins, sees Bowen looking back at the last Christmas he and Bob spent scraping a living on the streets and how Bob helped him through tough times by providing strength, friendship and inspiration. Your email address will not be published. Sequel to the feature film 'A STREET CAT NAMED BOB'. by Looking for some great streaming picks? The Hollywood Reporter, LLC is a subsidiary of Prometheus Global Media, LLC. With Luke Treadaway, Anna Wilson-Jones, Kristina Tonteri-Young, Nina Wadia. All rights reserved. It is executive produced by Adrian Politowski and Martin Metz of Align, Brian O’Shea and Nat McCormick of The Exchange, Philip Burgin, Martin McCabe, and Mick Southworth of Enriched Media Group, Perry Trevers of Studio Pow, and Adam Coburn and Pete Bury. Not that there was much to eat: the cupboards were bare. ©2020 The Big Issue Company Ltd, 113-115 Fonthill Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 3HH. A STREET CAT NAMED BOB was released by Sony Pictures and in the UK on November 4th 2016. James first met Bob in 2007 when he was busking in Covent Garden, finding the ginger cat in the hallway of his building. Never miss a trick from The Big Issue with our weekly newsletter. It capped a year or so filled with surprises, most of them happy ones. Two Savannah kittens, Scribbles and Pearl are flown over from the U.K. to meet the new family and neighbors in Southern Califronia. Now there's a sequel in the works – and Bowen let us in on some of the details of A Gift from Bob . Now there's a sequel in the works – and Bowen let us in on some of the details of A Gift from Bob. More importantly, it explored what that tough, cold winter on the streets taught me about the meaning of Christmas. He has previously credited his cat for helping him recover from his drug addiction. Twickenham Studios, The Barons, Twickenham TW1 2AW, United Kingdom. Fittingly, another of the lessons I learned during that bitterly cold winter was to always expect the unexpected. Add the first question. Bob appeared in the 2016 film A Street Cat Named Bob – based on the book – which starred Luke Treadaway as James. Get an exclusive peek at the Street Cat Bob sequel The story of Big Issue vendor James Bowen and his constant companion Street Cat Bob became a bestselling series of books, then a hit film. Finding myself back on a film set with Bob certainly fell into that category. Etan Vlessing The sequel, called A Gift From Bob, is set for release in 2021. 2:00 PM PDT 10/8/2019 Required fields are marked *. Privacy | The book’s official Facebook page shared a statement from James on his beloved pet’s death, in which he said: ‘Bob saved my life. In Deutschland kam er am 12. EMAIL ME. We’re all being blessed with a sequel to the cutesy “A Street Cat Named Bob”, which is called “A Gift From Bob”. Joanne Froggatt, Ruta Gedmintas and Anthony Head were also in the cast. From the day James Bowen rescued a street cat abandoned in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, they began a friendship which has transformed both their lives and touched millions around the world.

Type Of Dog In My Spy, Orgullecida Translation, Johto Legendary Pokémon, Pyar Deewana Hota Hai Song Cast, Dracula Games, Live Or Die Survival Gameplay, Warren Sapp Jr Recruiting, Lee Hong-chi,