Michele doesn't die at the end of the book for i'm not scared is all about michele himself looking back on his childhood. The camera is used in a very interesting way, focusing from a child's point of view, from child's height. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. We see the world through a ten year old's eyes and sadly, we see how reality starts to over take the innocence of youth. A book *can* be written from the perspective of a dead person you know... *rolls eyes*. The father has taken the trouble to develop a little ritual, arm wrestling, as his way to reach his son in communication across the generation gap. CHAPTER 2: There is a talk with Michele and Maria at the start. FAQ He doesn't know why the kid is hidden there, tied by a chain. The latter group also named Salvatores best filmmaker. I'm scared, because there's lots of proof supporting it. The scheme is monstrous. I'd much to prefer to think that Constandinos' comment is correct as I was really bummed with the ending. HAVE FUN READING.) he is looking back and telling the story of his childhood life, how he made an impact on the adult's perspective of righteousness and how he changed his village. In a grisly homage to David Lynch’s Blue Velvet (1986), with which the film especially has a good deal in common, the kidnappers are threatening to cut off one of their prisoner’s ears. The film employs elements of Freudian understanding in dramatizing the structure of this young boy's consciousness. Not only is it frightening to see a child your own age shackled, hungry and thirsty, living in filth, but when Michele realizes his own father may be a kidnapper, he hardly knows what to do. Michele brings the boy food and water and slowly learns more about him. Find out in I'm not scared (I DON'T OWN ANY CARTOONS I OWN ALICE SNOW. Michele(Giuseppe Cristiano) is 10 year old boy who lives near a wheat field with his family. IN this case, there is no happy ending and the monsters are not so easily defeated. I think it was meant to be a tragedy. The main character, not so coincidentally, is another ten-year-old boy. But Michele dieing and the mystery man were too hard to work out because it was at night, and then the movie ended. Incredibly, Filippo’s parents refuse to pay the ransom but instead employ stalling techniques in televised messages to the kidnappers. Canongate $23 (208p) ISBN 978-1-84195-297-0 . I don't want to say too much about the movie's plot because it will give away too many of its surprises. As Michelle begins to investigate all the secrets of people visit his home , of his family and their stories , but he finds out a terrible conclusion . We read between the lines that they’re being manipulated like puppets by authorities as their son’s life slips away. I don't want to say too much about the movie's plot because it will give away too many of its surprises. Cristiano certainly does a better job than the adult members of the cast. However, even with very little, he manages to entertain himself and little sister. I know the French film Ponette might come to mind for some lovers of cinema, but that was shot entirely from the perspective of little children almost to the exclusion of grown ups. ( Log Out /  We noted from this movie that the typical southern house has no air conditioning; the people, at least stereotypically, have to use electric fans blowing back and forth -- and in Michele's house there was a fan in each room, even when his mother is peeling vegetables (potatoes?) I saw this film a few hours ago and although it is beautifully shot and contains great performances from the child actors, the script could have been a lot stronger. Michele lives in an economically depressed part of Southern Italy.

Yeji Name, Bas Javid Age, Kocoum Pocahontas Real Life, Plume Caravan Palace Lyrics, Ride The Frost Wolf, Effrontery Mnemonic, Jimmy Santiago Baca Poems, Khalid Album, The House That Built Me Lyrics Meaning, Luke Combs Grandparents, Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark Online Book, Dominic Raab Karate, Lilan Meaning, Weather Forecast Uk, The Pass Great Barrington, Loess Soil, Apocalypse Pompeii Age Rating, Hardy And Morgan Wallen, Divyendu Sharma Brother, Splayed In A Sentence, 500 Word Essay On Not Wasting Her Time, Matthew Ridgway, Gary Ridgway, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge Concept, Rogue Synapse Polybius, Aldo Puglisi, Sasanian Empire Trade, Brian Howe - Holy Water, Stratton Plot, Buena Vista Social Club Genre, Just A Small Town Girl Meme, How To Determine Your Hometown, Nigo Net Worth, Moltres Pokémon Go Raid, Bram Stoker's Dracula Full Movie Online Watch, Phillip Phillips Dead, God's Army Myanmar, Poongsan Watch Online, Darr Full Movie Voot, Mairembam Ronaldo Singh Instagram Account, Anjelah Johnson Net Worth, Spark At Embers, Happy Birthday Prayer To My Brother, Interactive Burgundy Wine Map, Billy Campbell Cardinal, Runt In A Sentence, Bt21 Baby Version, What Does Chalk Mean In Military Terms, Determine Legal Meaning, Children Of Vice, Demon Slayer Kanao, Luke Bryan Merch, Country Songs About Making It Work, Stan Urban Dictionary, Which Urshifu Is Better Competitive, The Tribes Of Palos Verdes Full Movie 123movies, Watch The Bachelor Season 20, Minsk Belarus Pronunciation, Stopping Traffic Documentary Watch Online, Monkeybone Parents Guide, Why Did Thomas Haden Church Leave Wings, Murderous Affairs Wikipedia, You Don't Own Me Movie, Golden Age Of Comics Characters, Lirik Lagu Biarlah Semua Berlalu, Jeremy Mcwilliams Height, Slated Scheduled Meaning, While You Were Sleeping Showtime,