Isolated by their families, they furtively communicate by taking turns writing in a secret language, nu shu, between the folds of a white silk fan. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 July 2016, Beautiful and touching movie -- that love between anyone has to endure the differences of choices etc, and also, doesn't matter what century etc. I thought the film was beautiful. Programming subject to regional availability, blackouts, and device restrictions. Directed by Wayne Wang, the film stars Gianna Jun, Li Bingbing, Archie Kao, Vivian Wu, and Hugh Jackman Plot. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 February 2017. Complicated lives, romances, and work are pulling apart these present day Shanghai women. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 April 2015. Content Rating: Not Yet Rated I had read the book which the film is based on a few years ago and did not know it had been made into a film until I caught it on TV recently. They use the folds of a white silk fan to pass the notes. I've recently reread "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" which I loved and would give a 5 star rating. A beautiful story acted in a truly memorable way. Location data required to access content on mobile devices for any Live TV subscription. They attempt to learn how to maintain the innocence of friendship from Snow Flower and Lily with the help of the white silk fan that has been passed down through generations of their ancestors. Try again. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan Ji-hyun Jun Li Bingbing Vivian Wu (2011) Parallel stories tell of two 19th-century Chinese women -- bound together for eternity -- and their descendants who struggle to … Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I know it's the fashion in novels at the moment but it adds nothing to the story. A few shows play with an ad break before and after the video. Travelling or based outside United Kingdom? © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I had missed most of the TV transmission so I purchased the movie. Such sisterhood was designed to provide emotional support and lasted pretty much for the whole life, equipped with a secret language understood by women only. A story set in 19th century China and centered on the lifelong friendship between two girls who develop their own secret code as a way to contend with the rigid cultural norms imposed on women. Stay current with additional news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming from American Heroes Channel, CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, DIY Network, FYI, LMN, and Science. 44 min. Sign in to see videos available to you. The film differs from the book in having a contemporary connected story running along with the original plot. In fact, I think it stops the film from fleshing out the original story of Snowflower and Lily. Other name: 雪の華 Yuki no Hana Description: Miyuki Hirai has always been physically weak, even as a child. I loved the film. Laotong is a special friendship between two women that lasts for all eternity, a woman can only have one Laotong. It has a nice mix if modern and ancient china running the stories of two women parallel in the two different times which the book did not. Diffrent and subtle, sometimes too subtle. Some platforms allow you to rent Snow Flower and the Secret Fan for a limited time or purchase the movie and download it to your device. A beautiful film which had me crying at the emotional parts and taught me a lot about the love that exists between sisters; whether by blood or not. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Where compassion and understanding were rarely coming from husbands and their families, these sisters stepped in to fill the vacuum. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Video availability outside of United Kingdom varies. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Cloud DVR storage space is limited. Add STARZ® to any Hulu plan for an additional. Watch Snow Flower and the Secret Fan Online - Watch online anytime: Stream, Download, Buy Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is available to watch and stream, download, buy on demand at Amazon Prime, Hulu, The Roku Channel, Starz, Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. It has received mostly poor reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 6.1 and a MetaScore of 42. In 19th-century China, seven year old girls Snow Flower and Lily are matched as laotong - or "old sames" - bound together for eternity. Some negative views here. Isolated by their families, they furtively communicate by taking turns writing in a secret language, nu shu, between the folds of a white silk fan. Add STARZ® to any Hulu plan for an additional 8.99/month. emotions never are any different - just the 'settings' - good acting, good costumes, scenes etc. In 19th-century China, seven year old girls Snow Flower and Lily are matched as laotong - or "old sames" - bound together for eternity. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 February 2013. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is an Drama, History movie that was released in 2011 and has a run time of 1 hr 44 min. Summary: In 19th-century China, seven year old girls Snow Flower and Lily are matched as laotong – or "old sames" – bound together for eternity. The story begins in 19th century China where two young girls, Snow Flower and Lily, are paired together in the tradition of Laotongs, or old sames. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is available to watch and stream, download, buy on demand at Amazon Prime, Hulu, Apple TV+, The Roku Channel, Starz, Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. That said, if you have enjoyed the book, then do see this to help build your mental image of ancient China. It's available to watch on TV, online, tablets, phone. Multiple concurrent streams and HD content may require higher bandwidth. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 July 2016. 7-day free trial for Live TV and 30-day free trial for Add-Ons valid for new and eligible existing subscribers only. Enjoy a collection of popular favorites in Spanish – CNN en Español, Discovery en Español, Discovery Familia, ESPN Deportes, History Channel en Español, and Universo. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. It’s all on Hulu. well worth watching -, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 October 2020. Due to streaming rights, a few shows play with an ad break before and after. In 19th Century China, two life-long girlfriends develop their own secret code as a way to … Live TV may vary by subscription and location. Personally I would not read the book before watching the film read the book afterwards to fill in more detail. I thought the film was beautiful. No hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments. The film is only worth watching to help put some mental images to the scenes in the book. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is a 2011 historical drama film based on the novel of the same name written by Lisa See. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan subtitles. In a modern day parallel of the tale of the two Laotong their descendants Sophia and Nina are struggling to maintain their own friendship bond.

Armenian Biblical History, A Walk In The Clouds Quotes, Songs Like Waiting For Superman, Athribis Stele, Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close Falling Scene, Wonder Girls Debut, Sundo Imago Lyrics, Playdate Console, Wicker Man Burning, Jack Harlow New Album, Konga 1961 123movies, Umbrella Lady Movie, Giovanni's Room Philadelphia, Standing Ovation Gif The Rock, Innocent Erendira, Swades Full Movie Filmyzilla, A Sun Netflix Review, Jamila Jordan Springhill, Cherry Mx 3850, Night Monster, Thomas Rhett Country Again Lyrics, A Thousand Heads Agency, At The End Of The Video Or In The End Of The Video, Dynasty Restaurant Menu Modesto, Pamela Nomvete Profile, Kiev Crime Rate, Stu Hart Parents, Nobody Like You Limp Bizkit, Luna I Got Jumped, What Happened To Helen Reddy, Farmington Utah Fire Department, Jungkook Covers List, The Expanse Season 2 Episode 9 Recap, Yikes Synonym, Beecham House Season 2 Pbs, Sunny Kaushal: Movies And Tv Shows, Charlie Wilson 2020,